Thank you all for attending the 2018 Navitas Business Partners Conference in Colombo, Sri Lanka. On behalf of our CEO, David Buckingham, and the Conference Working Committee, we’d like to extend our heartfelt thanks to everyone for the great commitment, participation and spirit that people brought to the event. We leave Colombo energized and excited about reimagining the international student recruitment ecosystem in which we all co-exist.
My personal highlights were:
- The challenging but fruitful discussions held on the first 2 days around 5 key areas of our student recruitment ecosystem that we felt need reimagination:
- Education Advisor-Navitas-University Partner Relationships;
- Data-Driven Decision Making;
- Engaging Students in the Recruitment Process;
- Stakeholder Training and Awareness Techniques;
- Program Development in Partnership with the University;
- I look forward to reporting back to 2019 conference attendees on Navitas’ progress in addressing a number of key issues raised during these sessions.
- The unique experience of learning how to create a children’s book…..then having it illustrated…..then reading our work back to groups of amazing little people…..then helping Room to Read raise over A$23,000 to support childhood literacy programs in Sri Lanka.
- Our annual awards night, at which the incredible performances of education advisers, university partners and Navitas staff were recognized and rewarded.
A huge thank you to the facilitators of the sessions on Day 1, who came from all areas of our ecosystem, including our superstar student representative Ms Amanat Sandhu from Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, Canada.
I’d also like to point out the contributions of the wonderful Working Committee and The Events Authority, who, while working in the background for most of the event, are the ones that make everything work so smoothly prior to and during the event. Tony, Fiona, Jodie, Chau, Mitch, Greg, Sharon, Peter, Sharn and David – on behalf of all the attendees thank you very much for your time and effort.
Thank you again and see you next year!
General Manager, Global Recruitment